Newton County, Georgia (est. population 110,000) is currently seeking applicants for a GIS Analyst position in the GIS Department. An analyst is needed to help support the County’s GIS staff with some of the duties listed below. Depending on qualifications and experience, this position would hold the title of GIS Analyst I, II, or III with an annual entry-level salary of $36,971 to $46,550.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates global positioning system (GPS) equipment and mobile devices to collect field data.
- Produces maps for internal customers and the general public.
- Scans/digitizes paper maps and plans.
- Drafts and updates metadata and other support documentation.
- Edits map layers and geodatabases.
- May design, develop, and deploy web and mobile GIS applications.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent (required).
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Geography, GIS, or closely related field (preferred).
- Knowledge of cartographic design principles and practices.
- Experience using Esri ArcGIS Desktop software (ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro).
- Experience with web or mobile GIS applications, such as: ArcGIS Online, Esri’s Collector app, or Trimble GPS.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to a team environment.
To apply, please complete an application on our website by 3pm on January 17, 2020:
We will contact by phone or email only those applicants whose qualifications meet our minimum requirements and are selected to move forward in the process. We comply with the Drug Free Workplace Guidelines.
Newton County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.