Des Plaines, IL (January 20, 2015) – URISA is pleased to announce the Exemplary Systems in Government (ESIG) Awards process for 2015. Since 1980, URISA’s ESIG Awards have recognized extraordinary achievements in the use of geospatial information technology that have improved the delivery and quality of government services. The award competition is open to all public agencies at the federal, state/provincial, regional and local levels. Winners will be recognized during the Awards Ceremony at GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015 in Spokane, Washington, October 18-22, 2015.
Submissions are invited in two categories:
Enterprise Systems: Systems in this category are outstanding and working examples of using information systems technology in a multi-department environment as part of an integrated process. These systems exemplify effective use of technology yielding widespread improvements in the process(es) and/or service(s) involved and/or cost savings to the organization.
Single Process Systems: Systems in this category are outstanding and working examples of applying information system technology to automate a specific SINGLE process or operation involving one department or sub-unit of an agency. The system application results in extended and/or improved government services that are more efficient and/or save money.
Submissions are due May 1, 2015. An application requiring details on the Jurisdiction, System Design, Implementation, Organizational Impact and System Resources is available online: http://www.urisa.org/awards/exemplary-systems-in-government/
The list of 2014 ESIG Award Recipients follows.
ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS CATEGORY
Exemplary System: NH Mosaic Parcel Map – State of New Hampshire
- Building an Enterprise GIS for the Newest City in Georgia – City of Brookhaven, GA
- RECOVER: Rehabilitation Capability Convergence of Ecosystem Recovery – State of Idaho
SINGLE PROCESS SYSTEM CATEGORY
Exemplary System: NCHHSTP Atlas – The National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention
- MapGeo – Nashua Regional Planning Commission
- Sidewalk Maintenance and Repair Tracking Application – City of Perrysburg, OH
- Richmond’s Data Extraction Tool – City of Richmond, BC
- ZoneSJ Map Viewer – City of Saint John, NB
- CropScape – United States Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Statistics Service