The Southern Georgia Regional Commission is seeking qualified candidates for the position of
GIS Regional Project Manager / Solution Developer. This position involves interaction with local
governments throughout an 18 county region. Position responsibilities include all aspects of GIS
solution development, from sales to solution implementation, production, and delivery. The
qualified applicant will also assist the GIS Program Director and VALOR Project Manager in a
variety of GIS initiatives including projects in desktop and online environments that will cover a
wide array of practical GIS uses. The successful candidate will possess experience and
knowledge in many of the following areas:
- Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software
- Experience with creation and manipulation of spatial datasets
- Experience with spatial analysis and geoprocessing methods and tools
- Ability to utilize ModelBuilder and Python scripting to automate repetitive processes
- Experience utilizing the ArcGIS Online environment in solutions
- Experience in geodatabase design and management
- Experience in SDE management and deployment
- Experience in installation, management, and use of ESRI’s ArcGIS for Server Software
- Experience using ESRI’s Web App Developer
- Understanding of ArcGIS for Server service security protocols
- Solution Development
- Experience analyzing user requirements for GIS solutions.
- Experience with workflows and modeling of business processes
- Ability to integrate with existing applications
- Ability to create clear technical documentation of solutions where needed.
- Ability to review and understand existing applications and find opportunities to add value
- Strong debugging and testing skills
- Experience in planning and coordinating the implementation of new solutions.
- Microsoft SQL Server/Database Admin
- Familiarity leveraging SQL Server databases in GIS applications & web based solutions
- Familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio.
- Microsoft Server IIS
- How to publish and test solutions to an IIS Server.
- How to configure a website / solution to use SSL and apply a Certificate
- Knowledge of public SSL certificates in service to ArcGIS for Server applications.
- App Security
- Ability to define appropriate security measures for applications.
- Ability to implement authentication and authorization based on policies.The successful candidate will be able to work flexible and extended hours if needed, possessprofessional interpersonal skills, an ability to follow written and oral instructions, and have good oral communication skills.
Full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary DOE/Q. Valid driver’s license, MVR,
background check and drug test required. www.sgrc.us.
Send resume to SGRC, 327 W Savannah Ave., Valdosta, GA 31601, Attn: Rachel Strom or
email@example.com . Deadline is 4/15/16. EOE M/F/V/A 60+