Georgia URISA Members will receive email notifications to cast their vote for an important change to member dues under the current OneURISA proposal.
- Beginning Sunday, January 20th and ending January 27th at 11:59PM, GA URISA members who are current on dues as of the end of the voting period, as well as active Student members, will have the opportunity to participate in an important vote on membership dues.
- This vote will be online. Active members will be receiving a voting link via each individual’s registered email. This link will remain active throughout the voting window.
About this vote:
Under the current proposal of a unified membership between URISA International and its Chapters called “OneURISA,” Georgia URISA chapter members would be required to be members of URISA International and then add-on the Georgia URISA chapter membership. This represents an increase in dues for Georgia Chapter members who are not currently members of URISA International; however, current members who are already members of both International and the Georgia Chapter would see no change in dues. The sum total of the International rate of $195 and Georgia Chapter rate of $40 is $235.
Vote at Issue:
- Do you approve of a Georgia URISA individual membership increase from $40 to $235 (which includes URISA International membership)?
Only Georgia URISA members in good standing (current on dues) may cast ballots for this vote. Student members are also eligible to vote. If you have not received the email notification or to verify your membership, search the membership directory or please contact email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Resources and Additional Information
OneURISA FAQ: This vote represents a response to the current proposal for OneURISA by URISA international. You can learn more about the initiative from URISA International here: https://www.urisa.org/chapters/oneurisa/
Georgia URISA “Where do we go from here?” Presentation:
Tim Poe, President of Georgia URISA provided a review of the OneURISA proposal and its implications for the Georgia chapter on Tuesday, January 15th at the Atlanta metro luncheon. The presentation can be found here.
Chapter Affiliation Agreement:
Describes the proposed relationship between Chapters and URISA and can be viewed here. The clause, “Membership in URISA is a prerequisite to Chapter Membership.” (Section II. A) is pertinent to this vote.
Model By Laws:
Describe the rules for Chapters under OneURISA, view the by laws here.
Opinion of the Board of Georgia URISA & Letter from Georgia URISA President: Tim Poe, President of Georgia URISA wrote a letter to Georgia URISA membership outlining the opinion of the board below.
- A chapter vote for an increase to our professional membership dues to $235 a year ($195 for URISA International professional membership plus $40 for GA URISA) payable directly to the International. This represents a choice for Georgia to go forward with the OneURISA plan.
- A chapter vote to not increase our dues. This would be a vote to not move forward with the OneURISA plan.
Correspondence between URISA and Chapters regarding OneURISA
- Letter from URISA President to Chapters announcing OneURISA proposal July 2017
- Response from URISA to Alabama Chapter regarding concerns about OneURISA May 1, 2018
- Oregon URISA review of OneURISA benefits and impact to its members June 27, 2018
- Response from URISA to Mid-Atlanta Chapter (MAC) of URISA regarding questions about OneURISA July 7, 2018