Location: Norcross, Georgia
Who we are:
Transcend Spatial Solutions is a small but well established and rapidly growing geospatial IT consulting firm and software development company with over forty employees. We focus on products and services for the transportation industry, especially U.S. state departments of transportation (DOTs). It’s our goal to maintain the small company feel where doors are kept open, camaraderie is high, and hard work is rewarded.
Our core GIS activities revolve around Linear Referencing Systems (LRS), the ArcGIS suite of products and in particular ESRI’s Roads & Highways, data migration and transportation GIS in general. Transcend has also developed its own suite of products designed to help State DOTs perform their regular daily tasks.
Our analysts have intimate knowledge of these internal products and are involved from requirements gathering to testing to implementation and finally training. Many of our analysts have direct experience working for and with State DOTs performing linear referencing, data management and data QC. Our analysts frequently use model builder and python for automation of geoprocessing tasks, and are familiar and comfortable with using, managing and querying databases.
Our analysts have experience implementing and customizing ESRI ArcGIS products particularly Roads and Highways), setting up and working in a versioned GIS editing environment, gathering requirements, designing and implementing enterprise and local spatial databases and improving workflows and processes.
Transcend is looking for a motivated full-time GIS Intern with a background and or education in GIS.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a team to design, develop, and test workflows, spatial databases and systems.
- Work with the ArcGIS Suite of products (ArcGIS Desktop and ESRI’s Roads and Highways) to analyze and edit data.
- Learn how to automate geoprocessing tasks.
- Work with Transcend’s Productivity tools and the Road Analyzer product.
- Solve complex problems
- Supporting senior staff
What you need:
- Knowledge of how to use the ArcGIS product suite (10.x)
- Fundamental understanding of spatial and non-spatial Databases
- Enthusiasm and drive to learn and work in a team oriented and collaborative environment.
- A good attitude and a desire to help create quality products and reusable components.
- Strong grasp of GIS and mapping principles.
- Bonus points if you’ve worked with: ESRI’s Roads and Highways
- Automation of geoprocessing tasks using Python
- Workflow Manager
- ArcGIS Server
- SDE design, implementation and maintenance
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to work with new technologies
- Opportunity to influence the technical decisions in the company
- Possibility of full-time employment with competitive benefits package.