Statistics Team Leader – One GA Center -Transportation Data –
: Aug 29, 2016 –
: Sep 7, 2016
Number of Openings
: Day Job
Advertised Salary: $49,500 (K)
Description of Duties: Under broad supervision, provides advanced level professional support in one or more of the following areas: OMAT, OTD, maintenance, construction, intermodal, planning, utilities, surveying, environmental or traffic. May also serve as a lead worker providing training to lower level staff
Job Specific Duties: Under limited supervision, plans, organizes, directs and monitors a large and varied program of statistical reporting, data extraction and analysis having statewide impact, addressing complex systems problems or involving commitment of large amounts of funding. Works with various agency staff in conceptualizing information needs of the agency. Supervises professional-level staff in statistical analysis. Sets and monitors unit priorities and goals.
This is a re-advertisement pervious applicants need not re-apply
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK, WHERE APPLICABLE.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
UPON PROMOTION, THE SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL RECEIVE 10% or THE GDOT JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM SALARY, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
The selected candidate must meet the minimum qualifications for the job responsibilities. The interview is just one part of the overall selection process and is not the only criteria used to make the final selection. The final selection is based on a combination of factors including the interview, applicant’s work history and performance (documented in HR and/or Office files), PeopleSoft/employee status (i.e. rehire code), employee performance reviews, personnel file review (HR & Office Files), criminal background check, employment reference checks (including references and commendations from Managers and other relevant documentation), and for supervisory positions demonstrated leadership skills based on past and current work history will be considered. In accordance with the Interview and Selection Process (ISP), an applicant must have no active disciplinary actions to be in good employment standing. Actions that may disqualify an applicant include letters of reprimand (active for 12 months after issuance date); suspension without pay or disciplinary demotion (active for 12 months from the effective date); Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) and Leave Restriction Plans (active until 12 months after the date of conclusion). In addition, an employee must have an overall ePerformance rating score of three (3) or higher on their most current evaluation. Please note that Memorandums of Concern are not considered disqualifying factors. Human Resources may remove any employee from consideration for selection who is pending a disciplinary action; however, if the action is resolved in the employee’s favor prior to interviews, he or she will be allowed to compete.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field AND One year of related experience
Associate’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience
One year of experience required at the lower level Transportation Specialist 2 (TRP051) or position equivalent.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy and procedures governing data collection technologies, data collection, coding requirements, and reporting procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment and hardware/software used to collect and process data.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to express ideas and facts to groups and individuals effectively.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of GIS software, specifically the ESRI ArcGIS Suite.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and explain technical journals/manuals, program documentation, aerial photographs, maps, graphs, and charts.
- Ability to identify and solve problems as well as apply innovative solutions to make organizational improvements.
- Possess strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and guide others toward accomplishment of office/department goals.
- Proven ability to set direction for assigned resources at a project level, consistently establish and meets goals, and set and meet or exceed deliverable dates.
- Ability to work with staff, consultants, contractors, managers, and other department personnel in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Displays a high standard of work ethics and commitment toward work.
- Committed to providing quality customer service and public service.
- Demonstrated knowledge of or background in management of transportation data collection, transportation data collection technologies, transportation data coding requirements, and transportation data reporting procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of equipment and hardware/software used to collect and process transportation data.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and verbally, transportation ideas and facts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ESRI’s ArcGIS Software including analysis tools. Examples of proficiency would include linear referencing toolbox, statistical analysis tools, table analysis and management tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Access. Examples of proficiency would include Pivot Tables, nested if statements, VLOOKUP, SQL, querying, table joining.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FHWA’s Traffic Monitoring Guide, FHWA’s Highway Performance Monitoring System, FHWA’s Highway Functional Classification Concepts, Criteria and Procedures.
- One or more years of supervising a team of more than one person.
- Master’s degree in related area that includes quantitative methods studies such as statistics, psychology, political science, engineering, public health, sociology, economics, and the mathematical sciences.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field AND One year of related experience OR Associate’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience OR One year of experience required at the lower level Transportation Specialist 2 (TRP051) or position equivalent.