Coastal Planning Utilizing Geospatial Information Workshop
Thursday, December 15th, 2016
Please mark your calendars for a cooperative workshop that will offer planners, GIS users, and resource managers:
- An overview of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Office for Coastal Management and Digital Coast;
- An in-depth look into tools such as the Sea Level Rise Viewer, Coastal Flood Exposure Mapper, Coastal County Snapshots, MarineCadastre.gov;
- Guidance on finding and accessing datasets such as LiDAR, land cover, imagery;
- How to find and access multiple specialized training opportunities provided by the Office for Coastal Management.
For questions contact Sonny Emmert at (912) 264-7218.
Date: Thursday, December 15th, 2016
Time: 11:00a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Richmond Hill City Center
520 Cedar Street
JF Gregory Park
Richmond Hill, GA 31324
The Southern Georgia Regional Commission is seeking qualified candidates for the position of
GIS Regional Project Manager / Solution Developer. This position involves interaction with local
governments throughout an 18 county region. Position responsibilities include all aspects of GIS
solution development, from sales to solution implementation, production, and delivery. The
qualified applicant will also assist the GIS Program Director and VALOR Project Manager in a
variety of GIS initiatives including projects in desktop and online environments that will cover a
wide array of practical GIS uses. The successful candidate will possess experience and
knowledge in many of the following areas:
- Experience using ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop software
- Experience with creation and manipulation of spatial datasets
- Experience with spatial analysis and geoprocessing methods and tools
- Ability to utilize ModelBuilder and Python scripting to automate repetitive processes
- Experience utilizing the ArcGIS Online environment in solutions
- Experience in geodatabase design and management
- Experience in SDE management and deployment
- Experience in installation, management, and use of ESRI’s ArcGIS for Server Software
- Experience using ESRI’s Web App Developer
- Understanding of ArcGIS for Server service security protocols
- Solution Development
- Experience analyzing user requirements for GIS solutions.
- Experience with workflows and modeling of business processes
- Ability to integrate with existing applications
- Ability to create clear technical documentation of solutions where needed.
- Ability to review and understand existing applications and find opportunities to add value
- Strong debugging and testing skills
- Experience in planning and coordinating the implementation of new solutions.
- Microsoft SQL Server/Database Admin
- Familiarity leveraging SQL Server databases in GIS applications & web based solutions
- Familiarity with SQL Server Management Studio.
- Microsoft Server IIS
- How to publish and test solutions to an IIS Server.
- How to configure a website / solution to use SSL and apply a Certificate
- Knowledge of public SSL certificates in service to ArcGIS for Server applications.
- App Security
- Ability to define appropriate security measures for applications.
- Ability to implement authentication and authorization based on policies.The successful candidate will be able to work flexible and extended hours if needed, possessprofessional interpersonal skills, an ability to follow written and oral instructions, and have good oral communication skills.
Full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary DOE/Q. Valid driver’s license, MVR,
background check and drug test required. www.sgrc.us.
Send resume to SGRC, 327 W Savannah Ave., Valdosta, GA 31601, Attn: Rachel Strom or
firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline is 4/15/16. EOE M/F/V/A 60+
The Chatham County – Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) is seeking qualified
applicants for the position listed below.
GIS Developer. A degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science
or a related field with a minimum of two (2) years of experience with five (5) preferred
developing web and desktop GIS solutions. The position requires skills and experience in spatial
based mapping and analysis, developing and maintaining custom applications, publishing
ArcGIS services and other GIS related activities. Or any equivalent combination of education,
training and experience. Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and public
presentation skills are essential.
jQuery, Bootstrap, Visual Studio, SQL Server, ASP.Net, and C# is preferred.
Send resume and cover letter to: Christy Adams, Director of Administrative Services, Chatham
County-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission, P. O. Box 8246, Savannah, GA 31412-
8246; phone: 912-651-1440; fax: 912-335-5922; or email: email@example.com with the
following subject line: GIS Developer. Applications accepted through April 4, 2016. Salary will
be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Chatham County – Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position listed below. GIS Analyst. A degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science or a related field is required. Two (2) years minimum experience … [CLICK TO READ MORE]