Georgia URISA is excited to announce the formation of a new Student Committee! The purpose of the Committee is to encourage participation with Georgia URISA and to increase opportunities for incorporating GIS at all levels of education.
The responsibilities of the Student Committee will include:
- Facilitating collaboration between your college/university and Georgia URISA
- Assisting the Education and Outreach Chair with student events
- Working on the K-12 STEM Program
- Contributing to a joint project with all participating colleges/universities
- Bringing fresh new ideas to Georgia URISA
Any undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in school is eligible to apply. In order to apply, please send a short biography, the name of your school, the year you expect to graduate and a brief explanation of why you would like to be on the Committee to email@example.com. The deadline for submitting applications is midnight, March 15, 2017.
Once assembled, the Committee will elect a Student Liaison who will become a member of the Georgia URISA Board.