Assists the public by telephone, mail, and in person with information related to city maps, addresses, and other geographic data. Assigns street addresses utilizing standard procedures to determine new and corrected addresses. Conducts property research to assure correct mapping information. Produces and distributes address letters; produces and distributes map prints. Interpolates deeds and plats; inputs graphic and non-graphic land data in to the Geographic Information System (GIS). Performs various drafting and typesetting duties in the production of stationary, brochures, maps, and other printed materials. Operates equipment to print a variety of forms, booklets, and other items. Performs a variety of clerical, administrative, and data entry tasks; compiles information and prepares reports; tracks and processes documents; enters and retrieves data. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Coordinates and oversees the assignment and maintenance of property addresses and street names for Hall County.
- The position is responsible for preparing address information, updating and maintaining address databases, responding to discrepancies and inquiries, and assisting staff with related tasks.
- Develops and maintains base maps and performs associated mapping functions using geographic information system (GIS) software and databases; analyze and edits geographic data; performs GIS computerized mapping functions; and provide technical services and support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Updates and maintains the master street address database.
- Reviews proposed road names and addresses to ensure that they are in compliance with the road naming and addressing policies.
- Assigns addresses to new subdivisions and property splits, new commercial & industrial development and other properties as necessary.
- Consults with postal officials, E-911 personnel, utility providers, and other local government departments regarding newly assigned addresses and other addressing issues.
- Investigates, researches, and responds to address discrepancies, inquiries or concerns; accurately diagnoses and corrects a wide variety of addressing issues;
- Responds to public requests for any addressing questions, issues, or concerns.
- Creates and produces various maps, datasets, or other GIS-related products; produces hardcopy maps and visual aids for public officials, departments, the public, and other interested parties as appropriate; consults with users to identify needs; produces various reports and map projects.
- Provides technical support and assistance to system users, public officials, and others as appropriate: trains and instructs staff members on use of GIS software and other software applications; provides information and technical assistance regarding mapping issues or related issues; provides information, researches problems, and initiates problem resolution.
- Communicates with supervisor, employees, other departments, the public, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Develops GIS applications for various departments to provide customized GIS functionality needed by specific departments and users.
- Works with end-users to develop specifications to meet specific applications.
- Provides user support, training, and technical assistance.
- Assists in set-up, installation, and maintenance of computer hardware and software.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Three years’ experience with GIS required and background in ESRI ArcGIS software. Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities stated above.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid class C Driver’s License and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- Current GISP Certification preferred.
ADA Minimum Qualifications:
Physical Ability: Essential functions of this position continuously require the ability to remain in a stationary position (sitting or standing); operate a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copier, and printer. Incumbents must continuously be able to think analytically; handle stress and emotion, concentrate on tasks, remember names and other details; examine and observe details; make decisions, and adjust to change. Incumbents must also continuously direct others; meet deadlines; stay organized; use math/calculations and use a keyboard/type.
Essential Functions frequently require the ability to move about inside the office; and move/transport items up to 10lbs.
Essential functions occasionally require the ability to bend body downward and forward by bending spine and legs, and twisting at the waist, hips or knees; reach overhead; push or pull; and repetitively use hands/arms/legs. Incumbents in this position are occasionally required to be on-call and work irregular hours.
Sensory Requirements: Essential functions regularly require the ability to use effective verbal and written communication; and use of hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation to use equipment.
Environmental Factors: Essential functions of this position continuously require the ability to either work with others or work alone. Essential functions are occasionally performed with exposure to adverse environmental conditions, including inclement weather; extreme hot or cold temperatures.
Employment Opportunity – Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst
The Middle Georgia Regional Commission is seeking to fill the position of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Analyst. The GIS Analyst position is responsible for meeting the daily information technology requirements of the Middle Georgia Regional Commission (MGRC) and assisting member local governments and partner agencies with service requests of a technical nature. These duties typically include the application of GIS technology, website and/or web application design and support, network administration, and general systems maintenance. The GIS Analyst works under the direct supervision of the Director of Technology Services.
Qualified applicants should, at a minimum, possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university as well as have previous experience in relevant information technology fields; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. This position requires advanced computer application skills.
The Middle Georgia Regional Commission provides services to 11 counties and 20 cities in Middle Georgia through its office located in Macon, Georgia. Interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Middle Georgia Regional Commission
Attention: Jen Doran
175 Emery Highway
Macon, GA 31217
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted for this position until September 05, 2017. Candidates for the position will be subject to a criminal background check, motor vehicle license verification, pre-employment drug screening and skills assessments.
The Middle Georgia Regional Commission is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Transcend Spatial Solutions is looking for motivated full-time GIS Analysts with a background in GIS and good problem solving skills.
Transcend is a small, well-established and rapidly-growing geospatial IT consulting firm and software development company. We focus on GIS products and services for the transportation industry. It’s our goal to maintain the small company feel where doors are kept open, camaraderie is high, and hard work is rewarded. Our core GIS activities revolve around the ArcGIS suite of products, spatial data migration and analysis, linear referencing systems, LiDAR and point cloud data, and transportation and rail GIS.
Transcend’s GIS Analysts are on the front lines of solving business problems with GIS and spatial data. Esri ArcGIS and the Esri Extensions are used in most of our client engagements, and a strong background in spatial data maintenance and analysis is required. Good problem solving is necessary, as new and challenging business process and data problems arise with our clients daily.
Successful applicants will work in the Atlanta area at client sites and at the Transcend office. No telecommuting is allowed for these positions. Pay is commensurate with years of experience.
What: Intown Chapter’s Quarterly Happy Hour Where: Fado Midtown @ 933 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309 When: Wednesday, June 28th / 6pm to 8pm (Presentation starts @ 6:30pm) This event is FREE / No registration required / All Welcome … [CLICK TO READ MORE]
Come socialize with your GIS peers and get to know your community! Cost: $12 (pay at door) Where: Red Hare Brewing Company, 1998 Delk Industrial Boulevard SE, Marietta, Georgia 30067 When: Thursday, May 25th @ 5:30PM Food provided by our … [CLICK TO READ MORE]
See link for more information: Brookhaven, Georgia – GIS Intern … [CLICK TO READ MORE]
JOB DESCRIPTION Under limited supervision, working both independently and as part of a team, this position will support the coordination, development and management of land and species management geospatial databases. The incumbent will coordinate statewide data collection, bridge data and … [CLICK TO READ MORE]
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Chief Appraiser or designee, supervises, oversees, and directs the operations and administrative staff of the GIS Division for the Chatham County Board of Assessors, including administrative support, human resources management, and active participation … [CLICK TO READ MORE]
GENERAL SUMMARY: Through the public-private partnership model of government, InterDev provides IT and GIS Services to many local Cities and is offering an opportunity for a GIS Analyst to join our small collaborative team to build on and expand the … [CLICK TO READ MORE]